Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and some buddies are going to Trout Lake in about a week. Anybody know any decent places to stay up there. We are usually not real picky on a high end hotel. A cabin rental or anything that has good trail access. My buddy said years ago that he stayed at a place called Yogi's. Anyone got any ideas. Its my first trip to this area.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You might want to read Biskit's report first.

www.biskitcloset.com[/b]
I agree....Trout Lake is a nice place, but they are very LOW on snow. When I drove through there on my way home from Paradise last weekend, the trails just north of town (that you could see from the road) were snirt and even MUD in some places. I'd highly advise to stay farther north. Paradise has plenty of snow right now...just stay north of M-28 and you'll be fine.

This was Paradise last weekend...Trail 45, headed towards the falls

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, we are going to go up on the 28th (Wed) and stay through Sat. so if the snow conditions dont change by then I will relocate.

ZR8 I tried to cut and past that link and it said that was not a valid web address and that this domain name was available.????

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
sorry. That's what I get for typing. Forgot the s. Usually I just cut and paste.

skidoomatt

We were thinking of heading up next week to strongs. Planning on riding mostly north. So it's pretty good?

·
Registered
802 Posts
sorry. That's what I get for typing. Forgot the s. Usually I just cut and paste.

skidoomatt

We were thinking of heading up next week to strongs. Planning on riding mostly north. So it's pretty good?[/b]
I think you should be fine as long as you ride north or ride off trail in the area. Although, even the 2 tracks that I could see from M-123 were already tracked up in that area. Keep an eye on the weather..supposed to be a slight warm up starting next week. Things could get ugly....I hope not though. :confused:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yeah, I guess they just got another 6 inches of fresh saturday night. Leaving Tuesday after work.
Should be good atleast till friday or saturday.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Yeah, I guess they just got another 6 inches of fresh saturday night. Leaving Tuesday after work.
Should be good atleast till friday or saturday.[/b]
looks like the temps will be allright. my dad is not complaining yet and he is in paradise

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just got home from paradise last night. Great conditions. Its going to be hard riding in the lower again (if conditions hold). Everything was nice and flat and groomed. There is plenty of snow, but still plenty of dirt mixed in too.

There was apparently a pretty bad accident on the trails yesterday morning. Anyone have info about it?? I saw EMS heading out, but I don't know the details.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know this isn't the place, but since I found it here it is.

PARADISE — A downstate man died Tuesday afternoon after losing control of his snowmobile when he intentionally left the main trail, according to the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office.

Aaron Joseph Poirier, 18, of Livonia was riding with his family in Whitefish Township — about two miles west of Paradise — when he drove his 2004 Ski-Doo 500 snowmobile off the main portion of the trail, the sheriff’s office states in a press release.

“He took two big bumps and he thought he could go over them both. He took one a little too fast, went airborne and struck a tree,” Undersheriff Robert Savoie said. “He didn’t go off the trail accidentally, it was intentional.”

The Paradise/Whitefish Ambulance responded and Poirier was pronounced dead at the scene, according to officials.

Savoie said trail conditions were good.

“Snow trails up there were pretty good; there’s a lot of snow on the ground,” Savoie said. “It’s a groomed trail, but of course he went off the trail.”

Poirier’s death is the 17th snowmobile-related fatality in Michigan this winter, and the eighth to occur in the Upper Peninsula, according to statistics provided by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

It was the second snowmobile fatality in Chippewa County this winter. There have been two deaths each in Ontonagon and Gogebic counties and one each in Schoolcraft and Alger counties.

Deputies are continuing investigation into the accident.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
We are heading to Paradise on the 26th. Hoping the conditions remain rideable. We will be there from mon through fri so hopefully traffic will be at a min for us.

I just can't go a season without going to Paradise.

Snow4

1 - 13 of 13 Posts