Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't normally get snow this fluffy. The wife and I got to the sno-park at noon, right at the end of a 20+ inch snow storm (on top of the 3 foot base we still had going), and started breaking trails as the sun started breaking. We saw 2 other sleds but they were going to the lake and we were heading for the hills. I'd never had more than a couple dozen face shots before, today it was nothing but. Just totally untracked and nose of the sled always going under unless you're lifting the skis. I've never had so many mouthfuls of snow. The powder was unreal deep but yet fluffy enough that our sleds didn't get stuck (very much). Anyway, best snow conditions I've ever ridden in, and the best personal riding day I've ever had. My hard work tuning these things really paid off today as the sleds ran perfect. I'll put pics in this post and videos in the next post, and they of course only tell part of the story. I'm still stunned. And tired.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a highlight reel at the quarry. We went a lot of other places too but it was sunny here and we took a lot of digicam video. I'm wearing blue on the red Yamaha and my wife is wearing yellow on the black Polaris. We thought it was going to be wet...heh. I tried to keep this short but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Nice Nice Pics ! and the Video was fantastic ! Thank You !

Snow4

·
Registered
465 Posts
that looks like some of the best conditions I have ever seen!!
value the snow, because we are not getting much new stuff in michigan.
be safe, and enjoy it,
Frank

·
Registered
338 Posts
SWEEET.. it has been 50 here all week, we were going to go riding today, but we woke up to 6 inches of new snow, no visibility and blizzard condtions... when the roads are clearer we are so gone... I am bummed, My hubby says I should fire up the kids 440 snopro and ride up and down the road if I must... as my sled is on the trailer ready for some deep powder..

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW - that ride would not have been possible without snowmobileworld.com and that's why I'm a supporting member. Every time I googled a problem or tuning issue I kept getting links to SW.COM forums, and it was useful every time, and I realized this was the place to be.

Anyway, yeah I just noticed this evening that I'm missing the rubber cap from the top of my left TSS arm, all mad trying to figure out what I did to lose it, and then looking through the photos I now know exactly where to look for it. Let's just say I didn't intend to take this line...long story short the distance between those trees is a lot narrower than the width of my vmax and I don't know how we all got through that line intact. Looking at the photo, it doesn't seem possible.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts