Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just registered to this site so I might as well use it! Just wondering for any of you that live up that way, how much snow is there, if any, and when do trails open? Mainly around Cedar Pines and Redfield. I love this site :inlove:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm a few hours away, but your best bet for updated information would be absolutesnowmobile.com. He gives a daily report which is pretty reliable, unbiased etc. Unfortunately his site has had problems recently, might take a while to load. I believe the trails opened a few hours ago, after the end of regular deer season in Northern Zone or tomorrow, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Welcome to SW, by far the best sledding site on the web. SWRules

·
Registered
161 Posts
guys, i rode the hill today...2 feet on some parts of the hill.....ripped the Rev around for 60 miles..it was a great 1st ride.....they have tons of snow, just need some grooming now......and yes trails opened earlier at dusk....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seemed to be about a foot or so from remsen up to old forge (as of friday). I won't be able to get out there til after christmas though... yay for college schedule. Anywho, penn mountain trails don't open til the 9th and i'm sure they'd appreciate it if ppl didn't try to ride them til they're officially open. They had to cut a 10-mile reroute from boonville to w. lyden (new land owner closed off a huge portion of the trail and got other land owners to do the same) and probably need all the time they can get to prepare it.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Snodeo is this weekend I am posting a report... dont know if they will have enough to ride let the week show us out

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is a phone number that anyone can call every morning after the snow falls in Old Forge for real trail reports from the groomers. It is 315-369-2613. It is a new recording every day giving information about the trails.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Yeah i saw that on the webcam... doesnt sound like a bad idea.... i am always calling there b/c i never can trust those cams

1 - 9 of 9 Posts