Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may seem a bit foolish but i have just started doing my own maintance on my sleds `i need to know how to change crankcase oil or is the only oil the oil that is injected

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The only oil is in the rotary / coolant pump drive gear case which circulates through the oil injection reservoir. All of the crank & rod bearings are lubricated by the oil injection system so no intervention required there. Focus on removing the carbs (one at a time), disassemble and clean the main & pilot jets then blow everything out with compressed air. Next replace the spark plugs and replace them insuring that the new ones are gapped at .018". Check the spark plug boots for carbon build up and apply dielectric grease to them. Insure all electrical connections are clean and well engaged. Clean the clutch sheeves with soapy water and a Scotch Brite pad then blow dry the clutches to get the belt dust and debris out of them. Measure your belt width and discard if below 1 & 3/8" adjust belt tension so sled track just start to creep with the rear end on a stand and the engine idling warm. That will keep you busy for a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input the sled runs great from last year but i had to replace an axle shaft that is no longer available form the factory so i fabricated 1 from some aircraft aluminum that matched perfectly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts