Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 formula 500. I'm going to stud her, but i was wondering about tunnel protectors. My brother's '03 SX Viper already has tunnel protectors built onto the tunnel. I've looked and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't....am i right?

How much does it cost to have tunnel protectors put onto a LC sled...i'm assuming it's different than a fan cooled.

Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 2000 formula 500. I'm going to stud her, but i was wondering about tunnel protectors. My brother's '03 SX Viper already has tunnel protectors built onto the tunnel. I've looked and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't....am i right?

How much does it cost to have tunnel protectors put onto a LC sled...i'm assuming it's different than a fan cooled.

Thanks![/b]
does your sled have radiators on the top of your tunnel, there should be slots, to slide on protectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does your sled have radiators on the top of your tunnel, there should be slots, to slide on protectors.[/b]
Yeah, the heat exchangers are on the top of the tunnel. And it does look like there are slots to slide the protectors onto.

Would i have to drop the skid to do that...or can i slide them into place without doing that? And would i just get the protectors from a doo dealership? Would a place like Royal Distributing have that?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, the heat exchangers are on the top of the tunnel. And it does look like there are slots to slide the protectors onto.

Would i have to drop the skid to do that...or can i slide them into place without doing that? And would i just get the protectors from a doo dealership? Would a place like Royal Distributing have that?[/b]
only 4 bolts to drop your track,see everything. the only problem i see is the flap in back, to stop you from sliding them on, in less there flexable.( im not pro but looks easy)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put tunnel protectors on a 1996 formula III. All I had to do was drill out the rivets holding the snow flap on and slide the protectors on. once that is done you need to pinch the slot closed behind the protectors and reinstall the flap

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put tunnel protectors on a 2000 ski doo mxz, the snow flap should be flexible enough (if its warm, recommend doing this in a garage) to lift up and slid the protectors in. You will have to remove the current tunnel protectors to put the new ones in, i have never personally shopped at Royal but it seems any aftermarket supplier has the protectors. JArhead is correct with pinching the slots together once your new protectors are in. Also, you will need to get the right protector for the size stud you are running, since these are the only protection that your heat exchangers have. Poke a hole in one on a trail and you will be gettin a tow back to the trailer.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
zx chassis , I would drill the rivets out and buy new ones for the snowflap. with it off bend the coller channels open and slide the short ones out and replace them crimping the cooler back to hold it. I use doo rivets. seen many come off that did not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts