Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 99 mxz 500 and I would liek to install the tunnel stiffeners or grip plates that are on some of the newer MXZ's .I know I seen one on an adrenilin MXZ .
Does anyone know of a similar product or should I just go with the Ski-Doo one ?

Any discount prices on Ski-doo parts out there?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why not go with the ski-doo ones,you can get red or yellow.I wanted bare aluminum ones so i had the powder coating removed so they would match the bare tunnel.

·
Registered
858 Posts
800 X, How did you remouve powder coating? took me 3 hrs with paint remouver and if I have to do that again, I would like to have a faster way ???

·
Registered
664 Posts
The one they make for the ZX suck, they're weak. If you want something that works great get the ones they make for the REV- $75.00 You'll just have to trim them a little, 2 of my buddies did this already and they look and work great. I myself and another buddy bought the ones for the Arctic Cats because they come in the aluminum color, and they're only about $40.00.

·
Registered
175 Posts
AC,I took them to a guy who did powder coating and he removed it.Don't ask me how he did it because I was just happy to get it done.I spent 1 hour with a brass wire wheel and got nowhere.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have any pics of the one's for the cat. I will take a look at the ones on the rev and see what they are like .

Are the one's on the rev that much stronger than the ones on the mxz's
Gerry

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I like the rox sled treads.I doo have some purple grip edges for an s chassis brand new,if your interested pm me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used the ones from the 440. They provide great traction. They are aluminum finish. You may need to trim a little to get them to fit. But they look like they came on the sled from the factory.
The first day out no my mxz 800 I bent one board down about 1/2". After this incident I installed the tunnel stiffeners and the bending has stopped.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey doo man , what year of440 did you get them off of and how much are they ?
Gerry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry that was for the Do the doo guy not the doo man, too many doo's I don't know what to do :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mabe the ones off your SRX will fit. Dave

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
? ??? I don't have tunnel stiffeners on my srx. I find the cooler under the boards keeps it straight.
One added bonus is with the heat off the coolers my running boards never get any snow or ice on them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
At least your wife rides a nice sled...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I found that buy removeing the skidoo stifener from the inside of the out side edge of the

running board . Then replaceing it with a piece of galvanized pipe that runs the length

of the running board you end up with a much stronger running board.

and it still looks stock.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does she want to stiffen the running boards, or just add foot traction? If you just want foot traction, the 2002 Adreneline's come with the aluminum traction edges, and they match the tunnel. You should be able to pick them up at any dealer. If you want to stiffen the running boards however, they really don't help with that. To do that, there is no better product than the Rox Trax.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the Rox tracks but too pricey, she wants the boards stiffer not just for traction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts