Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do to fix their bent running boards, Just looking for some ideas,thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Is it bent down where your feet ride from hard landings?
Theres no trick for bending them back up that I know of other than setting the boards on a milk crate or something and bouncing on the sled to bend them back.
But after you do get em back, you can inst. a running board stiffing kit from Doo (like on the X models).
It was also very popular to remove the end caps at the back of the running boards and insert a steel rod into the rolled edge of the boards (and replace the cap). I can't remember the size rod, but get one slightly larger than the I.D. and drive it in w/ a hammer. This fix really helped a lot.

Good luck,
Trapper

·
Registered
240 Posts
If mine get tweaked, I roll the sled on its side and bend the board back using a rubber mallet. Then you can slide a piece of round stock through the rolled edge. Maybe fasten it with a screw at the end. Easy work.

Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I use the running board X kits on mine and have never had a problem with sagging floor boards
My friends who dont use them are all sagging. You can see the supports below the VR sticker :D

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the suggestions guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts