Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided against the zr600efi, it was pretty bagged out and not treated very well. Now I would like to tweek my sled it is a 95 zrt800. It runs very well, lots of mid range and top end. Is there anything I can do to get more bottom end without losing mid and top end or is that just something I'll have to live with?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My original intension was to do something very inexpensively and with little work. I thought that playing with the clutches would help get some bottom end, but that article sure gets the juices flowing for doing something big. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I would NOT recommend Black Magic for anything unless you have a T-cat.  We have gone over the reasons before....
Your best bet is to find someone that can put a "kit" together for you, or go with D&D, PSI, or any other REPUTABLE brand that makes clutch kits.  Just find one that meets your needs, in your case, bottom end with as little sacrafice in midrange and top end as possible.
You will always have a slight trade off if you go with more bottem end, or top end though.
There is also allot to be had in changing gears, but there again, you will have a trade off and loose some top end....
There are endless possibilities on what you can do with that sled, but the mods that make the most difference are big bucks!
Hope this helps steer ya in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts