Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah i know wake up a 700,well i got a good deal on it and it was flawless so i decided to pick it up for a second sled,I know this motor needs a lot of help but im looking for a set of twin pipes in good shape i dont want to buy new if i dont have too.Im getting the heads done as we speak,and im not going to send out the jugs till the spring or fall so maybe someone can help me out or maybe you might even know someone who is trying to get rid of a set,keep me posted,any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, first of all go to the RECALL section on this web site. There are two recalls on the "99" ZR700. I worked on a "99" ZR700 this summer and the guy say's that his sled really rocks stock. The big problem that I found was a broken eng. mount on the right rear of the eng. I installed the new mount on the eng. ok but the hole would not line up with the rubber eng. mount. I had to remove the mount and have it slotted. If you need a good clutch setup let me know.

-Auggie-

·
Registered
884 Posts
Where are you located?  I have a set of Twin's that I am looking to get rid of, my wife does not like the noise on her sled!  They really made her sled rock with the Clutch work I did as well.  Let me know if you are interested, I will also pass along the set up I used.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i changed the mount and my hole lined right up with the rubber bushing but im looking for anything that will make this sled go!  as far as it going pretty good stock.......well maybe back in 94 when they first came out but like i said this is old and needs help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well auggie this sled isnt old but the motor design is thats what i am talking about,and yes I did say 99 but actually this is the same motor used in the early 90's allthe way back to the wildcats as far bac to 92 i belive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts