Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:withstupid: I've never had a set of aftermarket pipes on one of my sled before and this year i am seriously considering it. What i need to know is who makes the best set of twin pipes for my 2002 Summit 800. I do some mountain riding so wieght is always and issue. Any help out there would be appreciated.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I would suggest that you not pipe the 800 myself. I do however agree that I have had the best luck with crankshops on my doo's over the years.I do not know anyone that has had good results from piping the 800 twin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't tried twins, I don't think I will, but I've read enough of these posts to suggest Dyno-Port.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by dooman@Oct 20 2002, 01:50 PM
I would suggest that you not pipe the 800 myself. I do however agree that I have had the best luck with crankshops on my doo's over the years.I do not know anyone that has had good results from piping the 800 twin.
Im w/ dooman, the 800 twins dont take well to piping. No doo's really take well to twin piping either. Look for maybe a Dynoport single.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would suggest a clutch kit first if you have not already. erlandson perf makes a great kit. I agree with the others crank shop! I have been speedrunning for while the improved stockers and pro stock doos i have seen mostly use crank shop. for example dave trygstad's 800 a few years back that machine was fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts