Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just installed a set of crank shop twin pipes on my 02 800 mxz. install instructions called for 540 mains and mxz 600 needles . can anyone give me any info. on clutching and jetting. i ride in northern lower penninsula of mich. crank shop tells me the operating rpm for these pipes is between7900 and 8100. anyone who has good info please respond.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
:( I don't want to seem negative about your decision to run the twin pipes, but I don't know of anyone that has success running twin pipes on the MXZ 800. That doesn't mean they haven't, I just don't know anyone that has had any luck. Call Kurt at the Crankshop. (802) 878-9606, and ask him for some help. They are the Crankshops mod, and they can help you with the setup, or at least give you a baseline. Good luck, hope they work for you. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Friend of mine has a set of twin pipes hanging on the wall...my stock 800 twin with Heelclickers, jetting and reedblock spacers would run right with it. The twin pipes weren't any fun to trail ride with either - power was either on or off. The ONLY thing that was better was the sound.

Hope you have better luck....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ont rider...how did you like your heelclickers?did you have to tinker lots,or was their recommended setup ok?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts