Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy has an 02 MXZX 800 and is thinking about putting on twin pipes.Wants to know wich are the best.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stock!  If you want a lake racer, go and buy one.  You will have some serious headaches with twins unless you are a great tuner.  I prefer the pull the rope and go approach!

·
Registered
756 Posts
If you want more perf. then get more sled................

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know much about speedwerx but I know that jaws builds a good pipe.  But you are going to pay for them and I think Jaws buils pipes for modified engines and they don't always fit the best (hood/belly pan problems).  Aaen's are a good bet.  His pipes seems to fit in the chassis nice and have a nice sound.  We have a set of his trail pipes on our 670 and they work great.  Aaen is a very smart guy and easy to talk to.  I would ask him what he has for stock motors.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Aean = no HP gain.
Jaws does not build pipes for the 800 for flat landers, There reason was they did not make any HP difference.

After hearing that I went to Dynoports single pipe.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Chubby, How much gain did you notice with the D-port pipe? More than just noise? Or did it really make a difference? Also, does anyone know if Crankshop makes a single pipe for the 800 twin? and how does it work?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i'v have had the dyno port pipe it worked ok but the crankshop pipes i have on them now works great they have alot of mid to top end and i did not loss any bottom end the dyno port pipe made 91 foot lbs of tork and the crankshop made 95 lbs of tork but you have to have them set up wright if not they will not work   plus i do have a dyno port pipe for sale

1 - 10 of 10 Posts