Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to twin pipe my 1998 xc 600 I have connections on getting Hot seat twin pipes and SLP twin pipes for the same price.  Which set is easyer to keep tuned and which brand is louder, easyer to tune,  who makes more power.  What do you run?

·
Registered
56 Posts
slp are easier to tune. they have a web site with all kinds of stuff like jetting so that way would be easier. hp i think there about the same but for loudness no clue. check out there web site it should help

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a Hot Seat Chubby on my Edge X and had no problems getting the jetting right. Selling it if anyone is interested, only has about 300 miles on it, off of a 2001 Edge 600. Also have Hot Seat head, v-force reeds, airbox kit, and a box of clutch parts.

going greeeeen(but a red one)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used my stock can, and as far as loudness, you could tell a slight change. It was a louder, lower mellow tone to it. I could tell because it was my sled, but anyone else wouldn't  know the difference. If your looking for sound, I have a friend who just put a hot seat can with stock pipe on his 2002 700 Edge, that sounds pretty cool, and saved a lot of weight.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am actually building a mod/play sled for next year. I am dropping a 800 ves in a '03 racer chassis. Trying to decide if I will go with Hot Seat twin pipes or single and will have Hot Seat can, Hot Seat heads and porting, v-force reeds, and Hot Seat clutching. I also will be having the whole exhaust system ceramic coated. Going to be a fun sled!! I just want to try to keep it not so loud that it is annoying seeing that I will also use it for recreational riding.

A

·
0 Posts
XC, something to consider for example, I don't know on Polaris's but on say AC ZL500's you will produce more power from an aftermarket single that twin pipes if you set the motor up right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts