Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer I am ordering twin pipes for my 900 ZR. Who should I deal with?? I have a good feeling about Black Magics twins. They claim 15hp gain at 8000rpm whitch is a better rpm to clutch to than the stock 7300. I will be buying an exaust temp guage and dial a jet set up for ease of jetting. Is there any other aftermarket companies to consider....I dont have much faith in D&D right now so exclude them....plus they are not making twins just for the 900.....they want us to use the 1010 pipes......please help me out with this big decision and investment.......thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the speedwerx single on my 800 (with a couple other mods) and have constantly beaten many 800's with twin pipes. So until I see some that work I'll stick with the single.But you never know MAYBE they could work with the 900.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree with cjt...I have speedwerx single, head, and reeds on my 2001 zr800 and it runs very good!  I rode with another 800 that had the BM whoop ### kit with the twin pipes.  Don't know what he had for clutching or gearing, but he did not run with mine?  I don't have any other experience with twin pipes.
I would give SW a call.

·
Registered
125 Posts
One other thing to think about...with the single pipe, tuning is a lot easier.  With temps and jetting changes I did not notice a big difference with performance.  I put on 2000 miles this year and it was always ready to race!  Its hard to screw up this setup; I've heard the twins are more 'finnicky'?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have the D&D's on my 01 ZR800...put about 350 miles on after installing the pipes, but didn't notice a big difference because I didn't have the clutching changed.  Just clutched it last week, so I won't know 'til next year.  The guy that clutched it for me put it on a dyno and it was around 156hp.  Can't wait to take it for a run...might have to run the yard a couple times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts