Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my second full season of riding... started with a used V-Max 500 to try it out and got hooked! Since I have a long history of off-road motorcycle riding, I chose to purchase a new Rev 600 Sport because I think it'll best suit my riding style and I feel more comfortable in the "forward" riding position -- (was gonna buy a Viper until I saw the Rev) -- my question is: my brother-in-law has a Polaris XC 600 that I rode and my sister-in-law has a Viper... her Viper flat out rips compared to his XC 600... how will my new Rev stack up... two other people in my riding group ride 700 triples too. Her triple has much better power at all levels than his twin and is much easier to ride. Just wondering.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Go for the Rev.  The triple engine in my opinion is a better design but the advantages of the Rev out weight the Viper.  

The Rev is gonna be the best sled to hit the snow this winter and you will be very glad to be a part of it.  Its handling and long distance riding comfort will change the way people think a snowmobile should be built.

Its accelleration will be good, not quite what a viper will have but close,  A viper will never touch you in the woods or rough trails.

So go with the twin Rev 600. And in the future if they stuff a triple into it well i would look into that as well.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I agree with machzzzz1, since you are into dirtbikes we know you like to go off trail and do your own style of riding, and the rev will be just the machine for that where as the viper is more of a trail or lake machine that is heavier and harder to handle off the trail than the lighter rev will be. so if you plan on riding in rough terrain or doin some sno x go with the rev.  But both will be great machines and you should be happy with either of them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
"Its handling and long distance riding comfort will change the way people think a snowmobile should be built. "

Mach, I'm surprised you think the Rev will be good for long distance riding.  Test riders in mags reported that after a while they were finding them selves looking to reposition.  I agree with you that the Rev will be a great handling sled, and great for aggressive riding.  But the tradeoff is for the relaxed trail ride.  The seating position is not there.  When you move the seating postion up and forward, and the upper body is naturally leaning forward, it helps handling but becomes tiresome.  My sportbike hanles like crazy, but I can only ride if for a fraction of the time that I could ride a cruiser.  Depends on what matters most to you Skidoorev.  The Rev will be better if what you do is short agressive rides usually less than an hour at a time, or longer rides with a tendancy to go off trail a couple times or hit a few jumps along the way which I would recommed the Viper.  Good luck.  

Oh, yeah, one other thing.  The Viper has a year under it's belt in the hands of the user.  The Rev is a first year sled.  There are bound to be some bugs to be worked out.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Take it for what is worth, but if that 600 isnt hangin tough theres a set up problem and shets and geegles awaits if its adressed, go with the rev though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am riding a F7 this winter-Like new cat look & fuelies. Rode a Rev last winter & I must say it is a great trail sled -handles great-turns good & looks great. I thought it was a little slower on the lake.Great on bumps but like I said I am a cat man But you couldn,t possibly go wrong buying that sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts