Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the touring TXI helmet and it has fogged up on me a couple of times when riding. Cold or warm doesnt matter it just starts after about 20 minutes and gets progressively worse. The vent is always open and it seems as though there is a pretty good seal working around my face. Clicking the shield up one notch will help but then my face begins to get cold.
    Reason I am asking is because I want to get a new TXI helmet to match my ZL and I dont want to drop another $250 to have this problem

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just got a new TXi Helmet two weeks ago.  Has yet to fog up. I even got an electric shield but that was a big waste of money, I haven't even hooked it up.

The new TXi seals real good around the face. If I wear a no-fog the shield stays clear.  Without the no-fog, I noticed a little frost in the corners, but it is -26c outside.

newf

·
Registered
13 Posts
I seemed to have a little bit of streak up the visor when I followed someone close and it was really cold.  Up on Madawaska, ME last weekend it was snowing and -9 out with a heavy wind.  It started to collect on the visor a bit.  Not too bad for me.  My suggestion would be to stop breathing.  

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am not to keen on buying a new one. I do get the fog in the corners a little bit but like I said it gets worse. I am trying to get to the bottom of it because I am going to keep the helmet for hopeful women LOL. I dont care if they can see or not but I definetly dont want to hear the Bi*ching. I am thinking about hitting it with one of those no fog clothes... Anybody use one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PowderBoy @ Feb. 07 2002, 12:01am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah I am not to keen on buying a new one. I do get the fog in the corners a little bit but like I said it gets worse. I am trying to get to the bottom of it because I am going to keep the helmet for hopeful women LOL. I dont care if they can see or not but I definetly dont want to hear the Bi*ching. I am thinking about hitting it with one of those no fog clothes... Anybody use one?[/b][/quote]
Check the seel between the plastic and fiberglass,re-glue where it lets go.This solved my fogging problem.Excellent helmet,no more wires to tangle with.  

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For that kinda money I shouldnt have to reglue anything. I wonder of they warranty helmets. I understand that fog happens but not like this. I have a $100 Bieffe 3 sport that has never fogged up on me and if this happens one more time Im going to be retiring the touring helmet. I might just have to give it to the guy who buys my pantera.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Same as NEWF, bought my new TXi this year and has not fogged up at all...also bought the electric shield but have not even pugged it in yet.  Of course, I haven't been in any 0 degree weather yet, so I'm sure the shield will be nice in a "normal" winter.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I bought a new Txi this year after falling off and cracking my last one.  I am sure glad i was wearing it.  Anyway my txi is more comforatable then the last one and hasn't fogged up once yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't feel left out. I have a TXI and haven't had a clear fog free day yet. I've tried everything. It was recommended to me to go and get the new Ski Doo modular helmet or a new Lazer ( they make the Ski Doo helmet) I don't want to spend the money, but I look at it this way......a new helmet is cheaper than buying a new sled..

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Dave, it's too bad you're having that kind of a problem with that helmet. I assume you've played around with all the vents!? I've had mine for about 3 seasons now and really like it. Do you have a double-lense shield?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine fogs aswell, :cussing: the only thing that works is leaving it open a crack, then my eyes water like crazy! I'm getting electiric shield next year and thats that!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Asked my son want to drive?..NO..why?...can't see a darn thing dad! :)
I recently bought 2 ckx helmets for my kids, they have double lenses and they fog up between the lenses. The dealer replaced the lenses and the new ones did the same. I realized that the inner lense is not properly bonded to the shield, so im going to return them again because they made weird blotches inside, and i will rebond the new lenses to the plastic shield and hope this stops the fog.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
i bought a txi this year. had a little fog one time in the right corner. it was about -20f. i also use a head sock thats tight to my face. when they get loose i wash it and is tight again.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having a problem. I have a 2002 model to match my ZL and I've never had a fogging problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts