Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm very close to purchasing two new sleds out of the U.S. from a local importer (Freestyle 300F and MZX500ss). Both brand new, but no warranty. I'm saving $4000-$5000 on the pair. I'm thinking even if I have a problem that I have pay out of pocket I'm still ahead. (I could completely blow a motor and still be OK?)

What do you think??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey,

I'm very close to purchasing two new sleds out of the U.S. from a local importer (Freestyle 300F and MZX500ss). Both brand new, but no warranty. I'm saving $4000-$5000 on the pair. I'm thinking even if I have a problem that I have pay out of pocket I'm still ahead. (I could completely blow a motor and still be OK?)

What do you think??[/b]
I think you should go for it, it is a small risk.

First, the standard one year warranty isn't worth all that much anyway. Really, how many things go wrong after one year.

Secondly, for that kind of savings, I'd forget the warranty. ( but then I usually buy used sleds and only a few new sleds.)

Boegey

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
ever thought about driving down and buying them yourself ? I just paid 7300 out the door for my leftover 06 renegade.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I don't think the waranty is worth the money you are saving
If you can't drive to the States to doo it yourself (find someones address in the US to register it to) that is the way to go

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I don't think the waranty is worth the money you are saving
If you can't drive to the States to doo it yourself (find someones address in the US to register it to) that is the way to go[/b]
I agree, until things fall in line with the dollar this is the only way to go :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts