Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody

just lookin at snowtech mag and saw an add for ufo's for round slide carbs. they fit up in the slide to make the air flow instead of hitting the forward wall of the slide. it sounds like a good product and makes sense just wondering if it really works.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have them in my 99 MX6 and have put on over 7000 miles with no problems. they work very well, yielding amazing improvement in throttle response, espcecially in the lows and mids. the only caution would be that they can be tricky to set-up if you don't ahve access to the proper carb adjustments.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I installed them in my Formula 700, great throttle response, but fuel mileage went down alittle. It does take time to get them dialed in, but worth the time. If you have any problems, you can call Thunder products and will help you through the set-up. Just take a few minutes and read the instructions thoroughly.It will help in the install.

Just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
664 Posts
Their supposed to make your roundslides work like flatslides. I hear they're extremely figity though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are some of the tuning problems that i will be running into? does it make them finicky enough that i will have to rejet often even with dpm?

·
Registered
745 Posts
With the UFO's, my sled tends to run alittle rich at idle. You have to rejet your pilot jet to half to what you'r currently running. On Thunder products site it says you can also drill a #55 hole in the needle jet nozzle, but be carefull. It is supposed to help with excessive fuel consumption.
A friend of mine had a 670HO with UFO's, his sled ran great. I think the DPM help by compensating, instead of having to rejet the mains(still had to do pilot jets).

www.thunderproducts.com

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run my own version of UFO's and like everyone else has said if your not willing to spend time to get the jetting dialed in, stay away from them. Once they are set up with my HAC they are not figity. Worth the effort though IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts