Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil: Hello yamaha men i was wondering what you guys think my friend has just purecashed a viper it's bone stock and he said he'd run me over but i have my 96 ultrasp clutched and jetted good ect it's a singal piped sled and i weigh a 170 pounds and he weighs over 200 plus and i figure if i can get the ultra to hook up on some good hard packed snow i gotem what do you guys think do i have a chance. Thanks for your time i also think there the uglyest sleds every built know the srx is a good looken machine thanks for you'r time have a great season.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That Ultra is quite a marvel too look at huh!! A typical antiquated Polaris. The Viper will blow you away!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I drove some ultra's, it won't come close, sorry. Viper will win unless someone set up goofy. ???

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I say ultra! The viper is great once you clutch it, really great with reeds and tripple pipes. But a clutched ultra is pretty good for 660. Now if you had the trip pipes you smake him. Those old Ultra's and ultrs SP's cranked out the power in 3x3 form. They make great sleepers.
caleb

·
Registered
229 Posts
Unless there's something your not telling us about the Ultra, the Viper will win easily. Way more power and less weight. :hallo7:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:devil: Well i wanted both brand riders opinions if i just placed it on the polaris site then 9 thimes out of 10 the polaris would win i didn't think it would be any diffrent in the yamaha site but i wanted to ask every ones opion thanks for all your repleys and no theres nothing else done to my ultra.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Indy Rocket,
Did you race this Viper yet? When you do we want to hear the results.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:devil: yes i will post the result with a picture when we race so there be no excuse i hope i win thow and it's 1996 ultrasp 680 i got sticker coming i have named her the snake handler.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I raced an ultra ( same sled as yours) with my 1999 mxz 600 to 500 feet. I bet this sled by two sled lengths. I wasn;t impressed with his sled at all.

Still woudl have had him to 660 for sure, I was still pullin on him (when I looked back)

he had roughyl 2k miles less than me too.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
:devil: But was it stock mine has a clutch kit and miner carberater work it ingages at 4800 rpm and revs to 8300 and was it in soft powerdy snow because with out crust or very hard packed snow they wont' hook up .82 track not to much bite i have a friend with a 96 ultra with slp tripple pipes head work v force reeds alot of carb work plus the ultras has trail port specs from the factory it pumps out about 160+ horsepower and the ####ing thing flys eat's 800s for breakfest but he hardly ever drives it i am thinking of doing the same thing but before i do i want to race the viper ? maybe i race the viper with my freinds ultra one race and when we cross the finish line 'll just stopp tell him gtg home and eat super and #### of before he knows what has taken place now that would be sneaky but i'll race him with my own

·
Registered
14 Posts
:devil: Not only storms but machzzz zrt but he hasn't had a chance to race srxs but probbly wamp them to. Another one of my friends has a 96 formula 3 with reeds and head work and he beats srx 700s by 3 lenghts in 660 my budys ultra beats him by 4+ lenghts so ya know.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I bought a '97 Ultra SPX That is mint. We'll see how many Vipers I pick off this year. A bunch I say. Especially with some nice Aftermarket Trip pipes to replace the factory 3x3 set-up.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Haha buddie u'll get smoked, my formula mx will rev to 8300rpm in powfer snow and i havnt tweaked anything. That viper will whip your ###.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts