Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a log that connects the two carb boots between the carbs and the reeds on my sled i noticed that my buddys polaris doesnt have this. i ask a guy at the local shop and he said i could take it off its not needed and could gain a little there. anybody ever hear of this and what do u think?

·
Registered
310 Posts
if you get vforce reeds you have to cut the rubber tabs off, so i guess you can w/ your stock reeds, dont know if your gonna gain anything.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Your referring to the boost bottle. I wouldn't take that off. Polaris aftermarket parts makers actually sell this as a performance part add on.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh woops! the booster bottle adds response and stuff. deff. leave it on.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sledcrazy, I know what you're talking about too, with those v-force reeds I believe on the 600's you have to trim some of the boot off.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Leave it on, it helps tune your sled by letting some of the fuel air mix that "spits" back before the reeds close to be pulled in to the other carb keeping the mixture consistent, and slightly helping economy, not wasting the fuel in the bottom of the airbox.

·
Registered
756 Posts
if you remove it you will be doing some rejetting, & losing some response to boot. Leave it!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
plus what would you plug the holes with?it would have to be sealed very good(carb boots)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts