Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey nothing bad happened to anybody else right?
first bad event on the new used sled

first bad thing that happened to me this year was the day befor cristmas pretty stupid huh?
well i was out driving my sport with my sister on the back i saw a little hump in the snow turned at the last second the side of the ski hit it and she flew of the back  
didn't get hurt but costed me $240 in damage  

Second time the drive shaft and chain case broke  
had to get my neighbor to get his 79 panther and drag me back home ! got stuck on the hiway not very fun! that costed $1150 ouch!

anybody else with bad luck? not like i'd want it to happen !

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I've had great luck with my sleds,but not with vehicles.Back in '95 I was heading up north the day before the gun/deer season.I lost 3rd and 4th gear in my Suburban half way up.I kept going,nothing was stopping me,gotta get the big buck.LOL Hunted all weekend and no deer.
So later in the week I wanted to get in some more huntng.We left the house and headed up mid state.Got half way there and I spun a rod bearing in my car.That was a very expensive deer season.

I did not shoot a deer that year either

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Lets se here.I've had one of the worst seasons in history i think.
-First time out pull cord comes out of recoil
-Second time out i crash truck/trailer up over some fool passing me and spinning out in a snow storm

-Third time out someone steals my bearing buddies resulting
in two new hub and bearing assb. plus one tire.
-Sixth and last trip my new thermostat broke in sled resulting in a polaris having to tow me out of the bush

·
Registered
103 Posts
This season had its ups and downs. I got a new sled but I also lost 1.
 I had bought a 97 ZRT 600 last year with 2100 miles on it, verry clean. This year I only put 56 miles on it and after it wasn't so clean
. I was letting the sled warm up while I got my helmet on. I did notice it was idleing rough but I passed it off as a fouled plug and got on. Big mistake
 I touched the throttle and a ball of flames came rolling out from under the hood and belly pan  
 I took it to a dealer to have it looked at. $3200 in damage he said. the insurance company gave me a check for $2900 and I got a new 440 Pro-X

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok flyntriple my luck wasn't that bad  

but at least you got a new sled

·
Registered
0 Posts
3rd crank in my 98 FIII 700 in only 2600 miles.  

Not too happy about that. This time was a result of my
secondary deciding to split in two at about 80 MPH...boom!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My buddy bought a 99 ZRT 600 for $3000 last fall.He crashed it into a telepole and bent the A arms,broke the side belly panel,and kinked the tunnel very very slightly.The insurance company totalled it.He got a check for $4600 and his friend bought it back from the insurance company for $1200.With some work it will be a perfectly good sled for cheap.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Those are all good days for me... and everybody wants to know why I sing the blues.... I gotta mean hearted woman, and a slave driven boss, a crashed  mxz7 and a world full of misery.... yup,  dont get better than this...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Man, I am in your boat as well! Very mean hearted woman and a slave driven boss and a Cat that don't work!

Lets just say.....I am MISERY

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If my dog ran away ...I could watch him run for three days in this flatland paradise called Saskatchewan! Its the only place you can watch your dog run away for three days!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
all those songs go under one musical heading called; Who Pooped In My Saddlebag Music.

as for mxz7's hunting trips, he hasn't told us the worst but his wife "Laurie" told me she had to walk to and from the butcher shop. the worst part was she had runaway dogs chasing her for the beef.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Started the season out with my friends efi saying it was 80 degrees F and melting down the moter.  Then the next time I managed to find were they forgot to off a culvert a 1.5 ft pipe dosn't make a good jump.  Only needed a new helmet outa that deal.  Then last ride of the season I hit a washout bending the front frame.  Decided to do the work myself and just found out last night the tunnels bent to so I will be calling the insurance company in the morning.  Lots of damage for only 400 miles.  But i wouldn't give it up for anything.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
LMAO Paul
I do have a ton of hunting stories,but I don't think SW has enough disc space for them all.

As for the runaway dogs.Laurie caught all of them,then we sent them to the Rock for jwheelers resturant.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Two years ago we had a "fun" trip to CA up above Barrie near Moose Mountain.  There were 9 of us, and we had troubles or damage to 5 sleds.  The first night there a freind took a bend to fast and ran his MXZ up a tree.  Luckly he bailed first and he didn't get hurt.  A few days later my brother-in-law blew up his ZRT 800 on an early morning zip across the lake at sub zero temps.  Then my father-in-laws Pantera 1000 kept eating up belts and slipping.  Finally on the next to last day, one guy spotted a wolf as he crested a hump in the trail and stopped to video it and the guy behind him crested the hill and didn't stop in time.  Both sleds slightly damaged.  All of this is what makes a trip memorable I guess.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
My only breaks this year was pulling the pull cord out and my thermostat breaking. The only other problems were forgetting to turn the key on when trying to start the sled (no alcohol invoved just being over excited to be out).

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sheesh

some of these bad luck $$ stories, i thought i did it bad bumping the trailing arms back!  heres to a trouble free season next!

·
Registered
858 Posts
If we would of had snow this season, then maybe I could of broke something
 Instead, my sled just got better with mods but no way to test it  
 I've put 300 kms and my 9 yr old cousin, 60 around the cottage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts