Snowmobile World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing there is a new update for these selds something about changing the needle and changing the spring in the secondary clutch to help improve gas mileage anyone know anything about this ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
From what I am hearing its hog wash. Turns out the talk about needle change was actually the reprograming bulletin.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Here the full deal.
last season there was a recall for the carbs to be reset and the MPEM reprogrammed. The restetting of the carbs required special tools from bombi. If your recoil goes there is an updated recoil and inner heat shield for the muffler..

This season as in a month ago there was a new supposed fix available . I dont believe this was a recall or maybe not even a service bulettin. But it is offered under warranty if you ask or complain. It includes new needles that will make it run leaner and a new spring for the secondary all to improve gas mileage. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
296 Posts
last season i had my needle heights adjusted and the mpem reprogrammed. i didnt notice much diffrence about gas mileage. i never had a problem with gas mileagem it seemed comparable to all the other sleds i rode with.the question is why the secondary spring change?? towards the end of last season i started to feel my clutch"bang"into gear slightly...i know it needs to be freshened up. just wondering about this update and how necessary it really is.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have not heard anything from skidoo on any recalibration clutch or carb, my 2002 800 non dpm gets anywhere from 9 to 12mpg and thats very comparable to everything else . as far as the driven clutch ,my spring sacked out at about 800 miles ,I then installed the wind up white spring w/ about 28 lbs. of preload and now the thing is an absolute rocket. i also tried alot of different helixes w/ no luck, the stock one is still the best all around.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok then who has the best clutch kit out thre for my 02 mxzx 800 no rer ? or should I say who can hook me up with part # 's so I can upgrade my clutch

·
Registered
261 Posts
I work closely w/ Russ lemke and he makes up his own, otherwise after some testing i actually came up w/ my own setup , the other thing is on 2002 800's they all had the rer driven clutch, and I'm telling you just make that driven spring change and go out and test to figure the right pretension and you will see a different and more consistent running sled.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I should of mentioned the sled that i had this done too is a 2002 mxz 800 renegade with DPM and RER. With the new spring that they installed it will reduce the backshift and allow for better coasting when your off the throttle.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I remembered talking about this almost a month ago and did a search. I found the link with pics of the spring and part numbers for the needles and spring.Clickable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts