Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , what can i do to make my 2007 mxz 550x faster or more powerful , or better sounding? right now it is stock, any cans or pipes or clutching or what?? i just want the skidoo for riding with friends and in pits and on fields and flying jumps. so what upgrades would be nice for my sled or am i wasting my money and i should keep it stock .. ?

·
Registered
903 Posts
It all depends.

If your riding with other sleds of the same caliber (ie other 550Xs, Z570s, etc.), modifying can be really fun to be competitive with your riding buddies. The sound of the sled is preference. NO CAN will make a considerable amount of hp, and some cans actually lose hp.

OTOH, if you are not satisfied with the power of your sled, keep it stock and sell then upgrade. No matter how many mods you do to one of these fans, if you feel it is slow now and want the speed of a 600, you will never get close.

For the mods-

-Goodwin makes a clutch kit. [www.goodwinperformance.com]
-LRD has done extensive porting and lighten-ing of his Summit 550, PM me for the link to that thread.
-It is said that setting up the clutch is easy. The primary spring can be switched out easily and weight can be easily added. The "Lite" primarys on these 550s are very easy to work on. I heard a 160/290 primary spring (about $25) will give you great bang for the buck. Once you install the primary you will have to adjust the weight in th eprimary to get the revs back down to ~7000. LRD also covered this very extensively in another thread. PM for the link.
-AAEN makes a pipe+can [www.aaenperformance.com]

Good luck with what you choose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts