Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is any easier way of using the personal avatar option. Now you can upload your own personal avatar to our servers, giving you a place to store it and always know it will be accessible.

Click on the following link, which will open in a new browser. Follow the directions and make sure that you enter the url that you will be given into your forum control panel under avatar settings.

Thanks.

UPLOAD AVATAR:
http://www.snowmobileworld-s2.com/cgi-bin/forums/att.cgi

·
Registered
146 Posts
Will this way allow others to use your pic too or is it just for you? I ask because I took a lot of time finding the aivitar I wanted and put some time into editing and sizing it so I would like it to be kind of an original or only one.

Bill

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your uploaded avatar would not appear in the list of avatars that users can use. But, it is possible for users to copy the url that you use for an avatar, then insert that URL into their avatar URL.

This would essentially allow them to use your avatar. If you see this happen, and don't want anyone to use it, please let me know and I will put a stop to it. You would have to let me know if you see anyone use it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you so much for the info and fast reply. Love the site. Keep up the great work. ;)

Bill

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote from 00EFI600ZR, posted on Nov. 15 2001, 1:46pm
Thank you so much for the info and fast reply. Love the site. Keep up the great work. ;)

Bill

Thank You!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well...I uploaded the image I wanted but now I don't see it.      testing testing.

Aahaaa. There it is. Just needed to play around a little. LOL, hope your a CAT fan.  :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I am trying to upload a JPEG file that is 3.4 Kb for my avatar. But I keep getting a error message. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the previously listed upload link.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Mar. 24, 2002, 12:13am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am trying to upload a JPEG file that is 3.4 Kb for my avatar. But I keep getting a error message. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the previously listed upload link.[/b][/quote]

If the file extension is actually jpeg, it won't allow it to upload. You'll need to change it to jpg, gif, or png. If you don't know how to do this or can't please email me the file and I will do it for you...

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Excellent!!!  Thanx.  I'll be able to get mine fixed when I get home from work!!  WOOHOO!!

BTW, I don't mind if somebody uses mine, so long as they ask first.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
test

1 - 20 of 27 Posts