Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to look at two Yamaha 500 Ventures tomorrow. One is a '98 and the other a '99. These will be my first sleds. They have less than a 1000 miles on them. Is there anything that I should look particularly at on these specific sleds? Do they have any idiosyncracies? Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
625 Posts
Those are pretty nice machines, and as far as I know they are reliable.

Look for the obvious physical damage, look at the track for tears and holes, look at the track lugs for wear, look at shocks and springs for damage, look for missing bolts etc.... and look for signs it has been maintained like greasing, cleanliness, etc....... look at belts and clutches to look for anything damaged and start them and make sure everything works like lights and handwarmers. Try to get a friend to go, they may see something you wont, and if you have questions after looking at them bring them here and someone will steer you the right way.

Good Luck

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah their pretty good. The track is about the only weak spot I know of.

·
Registered
387 Posts
the guys above have said it right!

yammie is a real good place to start --

a buddy poicked up a 99 Venture 500 liquid last year and it too had about 1000 miles on it. He was very pleased and did not have a single problem.

Check it good though, seems like everyone has hit something and tries to cover it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts