Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Greenstreak became our newest guinea pig recently as we attempted to use a new addon to the forums: a name change program.

I am happy to report that it was successful and all parts of the forum were updated.

Some of you long time users will remember that this was not possible before. If you needed a new or different username you had to sign up for a new one then slowly transfer over everything. All old posts, PM's, etc were lost and could not be recovered.

This new feature now allows for us to do this seamlessly and it actually works!!

While this process is time consuming for me; once I have the program loaded, etc., and have all the windows opened it does go fairly smoothe. It takes about 7 minutes for the software to search all 5000 + members, all 8000 PM's, all 1000 calendar entries, and all 75,000 posts and polls looking for every occurance of the old name. This is required for EACH user name change.

To make it easier for me to do this, I will periodically open a "change window" that will allow users to change their name. I do this soley based on the number of emails and Pm's that I have received over the past few months, recognizing that there are quite a few users that will want this done.

So, I will open up name changing for 3 days, ending at midnite on November 29, 2002. ANYONE that wants their name changed MUST submit their info by then. There will not be another name change window for at least a month or more.

IIMPORTANT::::: IF YOU WANT YOUR NAME CHANGED, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:

SEND ME A PM OR AN EMAIL WITH YOUR OLD USERNAME, YOUR CURRENT PASSWORD, AND THE NEW NAME YOU WANT. YOUR PASSWORD WILL NOT CHANGE. I AM HAVING YOU INCLUDE IT FOR SECURITY REASONS AND IT MUST MATCH YOUR EXISTING PASSWORD.

PM name change requests to me or email them to [email protected].

Once completed, you will receive an email from the forum software telling you that the change has been completed. Please understand that this email may not arrive to you until the end of the change window.

IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS AUTO EMAIL BY MIDNITE, NOVEMBER 29, 2002, PLEASE EMAIL ME IMMEDIATELY...

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by YellowBelly@Nov 26 2002, 01:45 PM
Thanks Mr. SWWebmaster!
It WAS successful! everything works!
This website Rocks!
SWRules :D
Hey YellowBelly, thanks!

How about you send me a copy of your avatar there and I will shrink it down in file size for you. The dang thing is nearly 200K in size. WOWOWOWW!!

It's gonna really mess with the dialup users, trust me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think I fixed it. I never save it as a file and download it because it never worked, so I always used a web link.
Let me know if it's better.
Thanks
:doh:

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by YellowBelly@Nov 26 2002, 02:51 PM
I think I fixed it. I never save it as a file and download it because it never worked, so I always used a web link.
Let me know if it's better.
Thanks
:doh:
Yes it is. Thank you!

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had a few users ask if it is possible to correct a spelling mistake in their username. Yes, this also can be done in the same manner.

For example:

Xrc700 could be changed to correctly read Xcr700.

Those who wish to have an issue like this corrected, please follow the instructions above.

Thanks.

A

·
0 Posts
Corey,
Is it possible to copy over to a current screen name the original member number from my original name yet?

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ARCTICZRT600@Nov 27 2002, 08:20 AM
Corey,
Is it possible to copy over to a current screen name the original member number from my original name yet?
We could delete your current name, then change the name of your previous (first) name to your current one, then transfer your post count over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts