Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There seems to be a new practice by some of avoiding the foul language filter by placing wildcards in the word.

Unfortunately, this is not acceptable.

Some are disguising the words pretty good, a few others are trying to see how to get most of the word in.

Example: $hit, fu(king...

These examples are not acceptable. The FLF is in place for a reason. It cannot do its job if users purposely try to avoid it.

If for any reason there is a user that cannot speak without using these words, please email me at [email protected]

The only way that I know to stop this is to delete the post. I am not going to ask the mods to go through each post and remove this stuff, so I will simply ask them to delete the entire post.

What brings this up? A couple of users have emailed me saying that they don't want to let their kids read the forums anymore because of the langauge. They say that they were confident that most of the bad stuff would be weeded out by the FLF but now see that too many people are trying to get around it. They want to know if I plan to do anything about it.

I do.

Please, I ask kindly that anyone doing this please stop, or at the very least, disguise the word much better.

Thank you.

A

·
0 Posts
If they still try to avoid it warn them then ban them if they repeat.  Don't let them push you around Corey.  I feel the same way, but the pics are okay.  just kiddin'  

A

·
0 Posts
Maybe we need a spell check option that runs after each post is submitted.  I don't care if my daughter looks at a misspelled work but I do care about the swear words.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (maluchm @ Aug. 30, 2002, 3:48pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can I start reporting posts that aren't gramtically correct
or that have too many mispelled words in them?

What about slang words? Is this banned as well?[/b][/quote]
Well then we would have to start with yours first.

I would respond to your question but fail to understand it. I believe the difference between users posting a word like fu(king is a far cry from your grammar theme.

If YOU truly can't understand why we don't want this posted, maybe it's time to head back over to your other favorite "forum".

I don't appreciate your less than intelligent comparison.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ARCTICZRT600 @ Aug. 30, 2002, 3:55pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe we need a spell check option that runs after each post is submitted.  I don't care if my daughter looks at a misspelled work but I do care about the swear words.[/b][/quote]
I think its apparent that the mispelled words are not the issue here. SOME users are purposely trying to get around the FLF.

Spellcheck would not only cost the site more money, but it would not be helpful solving this issue.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Reading Corey's first post in this thread, I see no issue with what he is requesting.  Apparently this forum is read by young family members and personally, I don't have a problem complying with this request.

If there are other issues with how Corey runs the site, or whatever, I don't see how that comes into play with this topic personally.

Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
ARTICZRT600 - Check your messages there big fella!

Corey - You got one also.

I deleted the rest of my posts that weren't deleted by Corey
(For what ever reason) to spare the rest of the forum and
took it to PM's which is where it should be. I apologize to
all that were not involved. This site is a good site but I
just have a problem with the way it's ran sometimes. Happy
reading!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts