Snowmobile World banner

Using Loctite 515 Without Primer N?

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  drashtik 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Short story, had a nasty oil leak on front of bottom end(670 from GT 95). Decided to take apart and rebuild, as far as I could tell, the leak came from between halfs.

Now I used Loctite 515 but without the primerN.

This was done in the fall last year, and the leak came back the next day. buddy said The hell with it ( the leak).

So I am taking it apart again this year.

I only realized a couple of days ago that you are supposed to use Primer N with the 515???
Could both have prevented the leak?

I will of course try to see if the leak is coming from a crack in the halfs?????

Thanks to any replies.

Joe

#3 ·
Thanks for the comment trailblazer............

Anyhow,
to any one interested, I have been in communication with Thumbdoctor. And the loctite 515 is no longer recommended as written up in a TB.

And the primer N is nothing more then a cleaning/prep solvent.

With the leads from TD, I should be able to resolve my problems.

I would like to thank again TD for all is help.

You tha man.......................

Joe.

#4 ·
Sorry to raise an old thread, however I am in the midst of rebuilding a couple old 73 kawasaki 340s and was told to use Loctite 515 with primer when sealing the crankcase.....however while browsing through the forum I see that skid-joe says it is no longer recommended, but doesn't explain what is now recommended. Does anyone have any comments or recommendations on what to use. Is 515 still an acceptable sealant? What has everyone had good luck with? Thanks, Drashtik.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.