Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got the opportunity to pick up and almost brand new pair of v-force 2 reeds for 100 bucks...however ive read a few different places of people having there cages loosen up and the reeds getting into the motor...or them flaking off into the motor...is this a serious issue with them...if it is anything big i dont want nething to do w/them ...ill just leave the stock ones in there..would i see much of a differnce w/them on i got a boost bottle on it already... ??? 100 bucks tho is pretty good deal...-INDY..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
$100 is a good price but i had problems with the screws coming out,and you cant loctite them cause its metal to plastic,you will get good throttle responce but i dont think it will add any power to a 500,the v-force work better on larger displacement machines,but the throttle responce is a given

·
Registered
9 Posts
####. i have some in mine, but havent really ridden it yet. what should i do?? im thinkin purchasing some VFORCE 3!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have 3,000 miles on mine (99zrt) no problems. I also think the 500's will gain very little if anything with a set of reeds. I have bought a set for my 900 also. I would save the $$ and get a clutch kit if you don't have one. Kevin

A

·
0 Posts
I have em, no probs. There is a recall on one model that they are fixing.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
in the series 3 700's ,I have they were not worth the money over the boyesen petals.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
this year im trying the boyesen petals,i had good results with the v2's but didnt want to spend $420cdn for the v3's when the boyesen are only $90cdn,and i keep hearing that the boyesen are just as good but 1/4 the cost..

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Go for it thats a great price. I've ran 1500miles with mine and my friend has 4000miles on them now no problems for either of us. I have them in a 500 and they make enough difference to justify the cost of them new let alone a 100. It has given me much better throttle response, and a little more power in the low and midrange. Its not the gain like you get on a 800 but it makes a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts