Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy some reeds for my machz 2001 the vforce comes with the cage and the boyesens and carbontec dont if i get the boyesens do i have to port my stock cage or dose boyesen sell a cage is the throttle responce as good as the vforces if i only get the boyesen petals another thing when i took my stock reeds off i notced that all the petals are conected together did anyone try cutting the stock reeds so that the three petals work independantly? just asking thanks. !!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if you were to cut the petals of the stock reeds thay would look like the carbon techs?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I currently have v-force on my mach z and they do make a difference,crisper throtle responce and more mid and top end power.I'v never tried boyesen reeds on a sled but i used the boyesen rad valve on my motocross bikes and they worked great,i think both will perform the same so it's up to you what one to go with.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have recently installed RAD valves in my 2001 800MXZ, and can say they are very thought out. It is more than just the reeds, the inside is all aerodynamic and routes the air effciantly to the reeds. On top of that, they use the dual fiberglass/ carbon fiber reeds on them.

I have yet to ride the sled, but it is very, responsive just engaging the clutch. Highly recomended.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are V force reeds just a Bolt Up product? Just un bolt the old cage and rebolt the new cage in or is there alot more involved? It say no jetting or tuning requeired. Now for the people that have them is that actually true?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have found that reeds usually make the sled rich if jetting is not changed.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have crank shop pipes and v-force ll's and i still have the stock jetting,on the other hand my buddy has the same setup and he jetted up,you just have to check your plugs and make sure they are golden brown and not to lean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts