Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oportunity to posssibly purchase a 780 engine. The guy will also throw in a set of V-force reeds for $150 US I think. I'm not familiar with what these cost in the US for new. Is this a good oportunity? I have heard that V-Force reeds aren't all they are cracked up to be.
      I would also need to separately purchas an ignition system for the tripple engine..anyone know how much one of those costs?
     And finally, what is a "rack system" when your talking carbs for a tripple?

He wants $900 for the motor, $150 for the three 38mm Carbs, and $150 for the matching V-Force reeds. I'm thinking that $900 for a 780 is a little steep, given that I really wanted a 97 809 engine...but those seem to be hard to come by. What do you guys think? Should I pursue this or drop it like pants on a honeymoon?

Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Please don't drop your pants........ One large moon is enough for this world

·
Registered
417 Posts
$900 US is pretty steep, especially without electrics. Hold out for an 809 complete. Are you ready to purchase right now? I could probably find you one in Ontario for Can. dollars. I'm thinking around $2000 to $2500 complete less pipes.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't have any cash to play with till June or July..just weighing my options right now. I'll keep that in mind though Krusty! Thanks. I would definitely prefer to buy in Canada.  

This is the info the guy gave me:
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Adrian, the motor had 2200 miles on it. i took the motor apart to check
everything, and put new pistons,rings,and all seals, gaskets etc. motor runs
great in a sled now. it's stock. it's a1995 780. if you wanted
motor,reeds,carbs,pipes,and steering post I'd let  you have it all
for$1100.00.it does come with a stator,trigger,so you would only need
a,mag,coils,and cdi box. your prob. looking about $200.00 for those parts[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking thumbs down...no way I'm paying that much for a bloody 95 engine. Forget it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts