Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing some reeds for my 2002 500 xcxp/edge and wondering which one is the better of the two?
Do the high performance reeds really give you a boost on the low end or top end side?

Is it worth the $300 for the performance upgrade?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a set of V-Force reeds for my XC 800 I noticed a little differance on throttle response, but I don't think it was worth the $220 I spent. I had a set of Carbon Tech reeds on my 96'XCR 600 that cost $100 and they did the same thing only at half the price. Thats just my opinion.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have had the same results the boyeson reeds are more cost effective than the v-force.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A friend of mine has boyeson reeds in his xcr 800. He says they are better than the V-force reeds( tried them both) and half the price. Who knows

·
Registered
72 Posts
they,re both going to increase throtle responce so they will feel the same "seat of the pants".
the VFORCE will give you more mid & top but is it worth it?got deep pockets?
If you have motor mods and or pipes, thats when the VFORCE will show up as the hands down winner.
CARBON TECH reeds are a real good compromise(you can choose low, mid, or top end improvements)

Glad to confuse the issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts