Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of installing delta 2 power reeds and a can in my 2002 mxz 800 will that give me much more power and.?and will i have to do anything like re jetting.and will this affect reliability. any comments welcome.?

·
Registered
171 Posts
not sure about the Delta2's or the 800 but I have the original Deltas on my MX6 and they made a noticeable improvement in throttle response.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You might want to hold off and look at the Delta 3's that
are coming out! Kind of like the RAD valves with click on
pedals.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if i were you id get the vforce3's,they dont have any screws in it,i had the 2's and the screws would always come loose,other than that i found they made a difference

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I would buy Boyeson reeds =more bang for your buck.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The sled comes with a fiber reed stock. If youre going to replace them, replace them with v-force as they will increase your reed area. The others only replace the reed petals w/a different thickness or tension. It will be very little diff. The v-force will not add much power on a dyno, but greatly increase throttle response. On some engines there is a good power gain, but I am referring to the MXZ800 here.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am running the original VForce reeds, before the Delta series and I refuse to upgrade.  I spank my buddy's 96 ZRT with Delta 2s every time.  Man it woke that sled up.  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
on my testing ,and after talking with bill cudney,he had same result as I.the v-force were 2-3 hp across the power band and the boyeson reeds were 1-2 but 220 dollars cheaper.I know a couple guys with the 800's and they have had great results with the boyesons as well,I am thinking Idooski and mxzwfo both have the boyeson reeds in their 800's.these gains I posted were not on topend but more in the mid range.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had delta 2's in my o1 800 mxz last season, it is a nice difference, but at the end of the season,900 miles, 2 0f the 3 screws came loose as did the whole reed cage box,I think the reed cage box came loose first because I noticed a leakage apperance from the outside of the reed, thought nothing of it but I think what happen next was the screws vibrated loose and I lost about 1/4 inch from the corner of the reed tip corner. Sled still ran,screws did not get injested. I got brand new delta 2's under warranty. Now I now what to look for.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i sent my reeds in and also received a brand new set under warranty,but i sold them,the 3's i feel are the way to go,eliminates the problem with the screws

·
Registered
277 Posts
ZRT600 does the vforce do a great diff?? i also have em on my zert8 but i havent got a chance to test em yet...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have Vforce on my 00 700 and they did make a difference.
I would recommend them for this sled.

On my 01 800, no difference at all in my opinion. Nothing
in the midrange. Moto took the reeds back and I replaced
with boyesen.

The delta 3's may be better. We'll have to wait and see.
One thing is for sure, Moto Tassanari stands behind their
products. No questions asked about getting my money
back on the 800.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ran the carbon tech m/t reeds in my 02/800 and thought they were a big waste of money!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for info guys. i think i,m gona pass on the Vorce 2 reeds after i read the recall on them in this site

1 - 16 of 16 Posts