Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 XC 800 and it could use a little bit more snap. V Force reeds help in some motors more than others and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either V Force or Boyesen reeds in an XC 800?

·
Registered
476 Posts
New reed petals will bring you back to stock, the do wear and need to be replaced every 2-3 years for optimum performance. Are Boysen's better than stock? Maybe, but it's too close to call. A new reed block/valve, like a V-Force or Boysen Rad Valve do have advantages over stock, but not so much on a stock engine. A new reed block will give you better throttle response, which in real world terms may give you a little better acceleration coming off a turn. Where they really shine, is when you combine them with a new pipe and silencer, carb mods and a new intake. I have a SLP single pipe, SLP silencer , SLP air intake, clutch mods, along with 2 Boysen Rad Valves, which is a pretty good combo for the big block Libety engines.

If you want more zip from your XC8, start with a clutch kit, then traction mods, then the pipe and intake mods, in that order. Then if is not enough, new heads, big bore, nitrous! How fast do you want to go? How much do you want to spend! :D Just a new reed valve block on a stock sled, would only be a very minor change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts