Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friend lookin at 94 v max four doesn`t seem to be a very common sled any one know about these?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Scary FAST!!! Some serious iron under the hood with that 4 cyl 2 stoke at 750 cc's. Not quite as fast as the 95 800's though. Pogo front suspension has alot to be desired though. Not the nicest of rides on a "chattery" trail. They're real gas guzzlers, but at the same time, have the Yamaha reliability. Yamaha has always been a generation behind when it comes to suspension. Personally, I'd love to have a 95 Vmax4 800.... running an honest 105 mph on radar STOCK..... I'd like to have one strictly to play with the other "big iron" on the market..... basically for bragging rights.
However, as fast as those V-4's were...... your buddy shouldn't expect to keep up in the twisties. It's a big HEAVY sled with crappy suspension. But if a 1000' lake run is what he's looking for, he'll probably really like it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A big heavy DEPENDABLE sled, my buddy has one he keeps as a spare sled it has like 14,000 miles on it and shows no signs of needing a rebuild, use good oil and do the normal upkeep to it and it should provide many more seasons of fun they are strong runners,the suspension does leave a bit to be desired but if you like it after you run it for a season you might want to keep your eyes peeled for a m-10 suspension for the rear and as for the pogo's up front I am not sure what they take them off of but I've heard of people taking the pogos off of another Yamaha sled to increase the quality of the front ends handling&ride-check the totally Yamaha site. When your doing the maint. on it don't forget to check the shaft/gearbox between the 2 center cyl's-at least thats what my buddy was saying gets neglected a lot during maint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts