removed carbs and cleaned
unhooked throttle cable and hooked back up
unhooked choke cable and hooked back up
removed air boxes to carbs and reinstalled
unhooked 2 coils, hooked back up
unhooked temp sensor and cable going to carbs and hooked back up

thats it!

I ohmed the key switch and kill switch...ohmed ok

As far as the carb switch and throttle switch...should they be open(reading resistance) or closed (open resistance)

what else could I have done wrong?

Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe you should just sell the sled to me for real cheap.....

Actually, I think it may be a problem with your TORS possibly. I know on my 93 480, I pulled it apart, and had to mess around with the idle mixture and throttle cables because my TORS was thinking the "throttle was stuck" and shutting off the spark to the engine.

press the throttle just a bit, and see if you have spark then.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If that doesnt do it, I would imagine you forgot to hook something back up? Maybe double check everything. If it was running when it came into the garage, more than likely its a switch or something not connected.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ohmed out the primary, secondary, charge, and pulser coils.

All read what the specs call out for.

Please advise what I should try next.

·
Registered
65 Posts
well, nothing went bad just setting their..so the only thing that coule be going on, is one or more of the wires must have been plugged back in wrong..

why dont you go out, and write down the colors along with stripe color off all the wires that are connected together right there inbeteen the air boxes by the coils, and report back, then i`ll go out to my vmax4, and compare..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a pic......I have the tors and the temp sensor unhooked....I assume it can still start with that stuff unhooked?

Thanks for helping

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
here is a pic......I have the tors and the temp sensor unhooked....I assume it can still start with that stuff unhooked?[/b]
NO, the sled will NOT start with the TORS unhooked. The TORS has to be bypassed. I believe you bypass it by plugging the two wires which come from the carb into eachother, leaving the 2 wires comming from the throttle lever disconnected. HOWEVER, get a second opinion on how to bypass the TORS before doing what I said to do, because I could be wrong.
But if all you did was unplug the TORS wires, then the sled will not have spark whatsoever.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ALSO just noticed I am reading a short between my blue and black wires going to my tail and brake lights.....I wonder if that normal...as far as the tors.........I will try what you said...but if the wires are unhooked from the handle bar, I don't see why the wires at the carb need to hooked together?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would`nt worry about reading a few ohms between the blue and black..

why not just hook everything back up? tors ect?
its real easy to adjust, and get setup properly..

either way...just unhooking the wires either at the handle bars, or at the switch on the carb rack, aint gonna cut it..

but again..I`d just hook everything back up normaly..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have hooked it back up normaly...still nothing.....I wish I could ohm something to ground easy to tell me if its grounded????????

any idea how? this just seems too weird.

·
Registered
65 Posts
my kill switch acted up a few weeks back, but after pushing it down, then back up a few times it was alright, probley gonna have to go work on it before next season..

SRV..yeah, I cranked the hell out of my vmax4 a few differant times, and was about to hit it with a hammer, only to discover my kill switch was activated..LOL

weatherby...these various componants dont go back just setting for a short period of time...not saying its imposible for them to happen to go haywire all at once, but just saying, I`m still convinced its a crossed wire, kill button problem, ect..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, should I try a different cdi box?

I notice it has a "Reichards performace cdi"

Any experience with them?

Will a stock one work ok?

Any way to test a cdi?

Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update....

took it to a shop on monday, called them yesterday,

they can not figure it out either what is wrong.

everything checks ok

ordered a cdi, hopefully that went bad somehow.

thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts