Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Not too many NW people on this forum, if you take a look at SnoWest, there are more in our area...

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
My wife and I have Monday through Thursday available to ride, and we're shooting for 50 riding days this season. That's about what we got last season so it's a pretty realistic goal considering the last two years we were still riding late May. We really don't have any riding buddies anymore, so if you think you ever might have weekdays available send me a PM. We live right off the highway out past Sandy so you really have to pass right by our place to get to Mt. Hood. We can't really afford to go anywhere but the Mt. Hood area trails (because they are so close), that's our budget limitation but also the main reason why we are able to get so many days in.

What type of sled are you riding? That essentially determines where you can ride, because some spots (like where we rode on Nov 20 and Oct 22 this year) are way hardcore and you need a mountain sled to even hope to get anywhere on the trails. But there are many flatter areas too that are groomed 2 days a week through March. If you want to come to Hood but can't make it on a weekday I can at least tell you which sno-parks are good and which ones to avoid and why. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts