Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a 2006 Vector ER with 1041 miles on odometer. A oil/filter change was performed in the spring of 2007 using correct procedure and filled to proper oil level.

Upon starting machine yesterday and letting it idle for approximately 5 minutes, oil was running from belly pan unto gagage floor. Shut machine off and checked oil in tank (not threading stick in) oil level was between E and F. Started and shut off machine several times. Oil appears from S shaped hose in air box approximately 5 minutes while running and drains thru bottom of lower air box pan unto garage floor.

Note: I know oil flows via the grey hoses thru the corner of air box but it is not supposed to flow out of the black S shaped hose inside air box.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Was it tip on its right side for a period of time ? Follow that S pipe to A box in the upper left hand corner and see if you can remove it , if so check to see if there is oil in it and remove and try to run it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it tip on its right side for a period of time ? Follow that S pipe to A box in the upper left hand corner and see if you can remove it , if so check to see if there is oil in it and remove and try to run it again.[/b]

Sled has never been tipped on its side. Do you have to grind the 4 corners off of the box cover in corner of air box, they appear to be heat staked?

·
Registered
496 Posts
No i guess just pull the lower part of the airbox off .Clean it out and make sure no hoses are pinched when you put it back on .

Did you do your oil change or did someone else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i guess just pull the lower part of the airbox off .Clean it out and make sure no hoses are pinched when you put it back on .

Did you do your oil change or did someone else?[/b]

Will remove complete air box from machine and check if I can see were to disassemble the box in the corner were the hoses attach. I personally did the oil change, this was the second oil change performed on sled, no problem the first time at 250 miles.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Its always good to retrace your steps. I cant figure why oil would "pump out" of that hose. You put a new filter on , you are at the right amount or close to oil level , and it worked before yu changed the oil .

When you put back the air box make sure you put all the hoses on and arent pinch. unless there was wrapper left on the oil filter I cant see why it would pump out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its always good to retrace your steps. I cant figure why oil would "pump out" of that hose. You put a new filter on , you are at the right amount or close to oil level , and it worked before yu changed the oil .

When you put back the air box make sure you put all the hoses on and arent pinch. unless there was wrapper left on the oil filter I cant see why it would pump out there.[/b]

Found the source of the leak.

Had to remove bottom of air box and apply air pressure (1-2 psi) to hose that connects to bottom of it. There was a hissing sound in side of head cover. Removed head cover and found the gasket out of place at end near camshaft chain. Cleaned the surfaces and applied contact cement to bottom of gasket, re-installed gasket, head cover, bottom of air box. Ran engine for 3-4 times letting it cool down each time, no more oil leak from s- shaped hose in air box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts