Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00' MX Z 700 with DPM and I've been reading some posts about people safely dropping one or two sizes on the mains on this stock motor to improve throttle response. Is the stock jetting that rich, or does dropping 2 sizes make the jetting alittle shakey and dangerous.

Also I plan on adding a set of VForce reeds to the sled soon. am I right that I would have to jet up with these installed? If so how many sizes?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
yes the mains are that rich from the factory,I safely run 260's in my stock piped machine(00 700 mxz),which has boyesson reeds in it.I done dyno testing on the reeds and the v-force was a lil more powerful (1hp)but not worth the money.you are wrong in the that you think you'll be running more jet you will find it actually gets fatter with reeds installed more reason to jet down.you will also find that the response will be better with the reeds and stock jetting, but those of us whom want the most we can get from our machines find ourselves jetting them as well.like I said the 260's any temp no problem,however if it was cooler than -10f I would not make long 1-2 mile wot runs without jetting back up for safetys sake.I do not make those long wot runs much but we do some draggin'.I will also add that my sled has over 3000 miles on it and ever since the first 300 miles have been on the 260's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
dooman,

Talk about fine jetting....  My 2001, 700 Mxzx (dpm) with the 40 flatslides came stock with 510's.  -10c and lower I don't jet down.  I've just installed the VForce, so I'm interested to see whether it's up or down on the main.

·
4,440 Posts
why do you say talk about fine jetting?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dooman,

260 mains in my 2001 would be an automatic burn down.  Are you tuning for the snow or the grass?  Not to be smart, but it's hard to believe there's that big a difference between the round and the flatslides.  

Bogie

·
4,440 Posts
yes there is that big of a differance from round to flat slides,I worked on a 01 and he runs 470's in it.I am not saying this is good because I did not have it to check,I did the fall service for him last year and that is what he has in it.I thought that is what you was getting at,I had a kid come to me with an 00 700 and asked if I would install the 470's in it because his buddy was running them and his sled flew,it was an 01 the one I serviced.so thats not the first time someone has been confused.needless to say he is running the 260's like me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts