Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a zr 600 efi with power valves, zrt 800, and a 600 powder,  i have been thinking off putting vforce in them any one have any thoughts on the subject.  thanks.  my dealer has a set for the zrt really reasonable.      thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I think it depends on the sled.  I put them in my 98 ZR600 and they made one heck of a difference on mid and top end.  I also put them on my 96 ZRT600 and really didn't notice anything.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A friend of mine has dyno tested them and said they really don't make any difference in HP. I have heard of people getting better performance from them but I think it is just in throttle responce.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lots of guys like them and say the got better performance. I am not saying they don't work. All I am saying is that they did not give the sled more peak HP on the dyno. It may have gained on the bottom end and mid range but the peak stayed the same. I was also told that for what you pay for them it is really not worth the money. I never said I was an expert on this subject I am simply stating what I was told. Personally I would just by a the carbon fiber petals from Pro-Reed. Alot cheaper than the whole reed cage, Claimed same performance gains. It is just an opinion anyways. Doesn't mean I am right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hay hotzrt, i got a 96zrt600, and put those on, and also a black magic can, and it made a big differance...alot better mid-range, top end still the same, i pulled 105mph in 1000ft. a couple weeks ago at local radar run...

·
Registered
468 Posts
reeds only make a difference if other mods have been performed,to really get anything out of aftermarket reeds you need pipes.save your money and clutch your sled for a noticable low cost upgrade.btter money spent than reeds.and much improved performance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
look into a set of carbon tech reeds you can use your stock reed cages and just change the reeds then purchase yourself a clutch kit and do some research on the gearing to go with the clutch kit,and last but not least concentrate on your carbs(very important)a buddy of mine had this work done to his sled and i could not belive the diffrence it was like it wanted to keep pulling and pulling.as far as 105 in 1000 feet .....wanna race sounds like you have yourself a good little sled there mine isnt even close to stock but sounds like your sled came with all the mods from the factory

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
H-man, I put V-force on my '96 ZRT800 and did notice a difference in acceleration.  I didn't have any other mods to my sled.  The HP probably didn't change, but it definitely was more responsive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also just got v-force reeds and black magic spacers on my 97 ZRT 800. They are the only thing that I have done and made a big differnce on my sled!! I was at drags yesterday and a friend took his thundercat 00. We went to race other guys down the lake that were not in the drags who just wanted to get there sleds out. Lest just say that I only lost to one sled all day. My friend beat my sled about six times and I beat him twice. I also raced the new 900 twin cat two other thundercats 01 with no studs and a 99 with a clutch kit. Also two mack zs new and old style and a 02 edge 800 he said it was not running right. But what was funny was after my first race with my buds 00 thundercat and I won he got off and said what the hell did you do to that thing!!! I said nothing with a big smile. Then I showed him the reeds and spacers. He said that they make a big dif eh and I said ow hell ya. We had raced befor I got them and he was always out front. Ow and we both tryed gps. It was about -3 when we did it but gps realy disapont you I ran 113.1mph and the 00 thundercat ran 116.5mph So im very happy with my 800. Ow and my friend did not loose a race all day.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Did any of you know that V force delta 2 reeds are adjustable for low end gains and performace and top end performance you just move the stops they come set from the factory with the low end settings.  Thats why Iron will didn't notice any gain it the higher rpm range just the bottom end gain.  Just tought I would let you guys know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes Jim he dose have studs. He has 144 and I have about 120 I think? I have three two three in the middle? I took the outside studs out. But all the races were from about 30 mph. I hate raceing from a stop I find it to hard on the sled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts