Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I put a set of Boyesen power reeds on my 700. The directions told me to go lean by as much as three sizes. Tried all three and ended up going back to where I started, which acording to the manual was stock for my '00 700 Mxz. (I even had a lean bog at three sizes down.)

Just do it the old fasion way and read the plugs. Start stock and go down. I'd usually say follow the directions, but.... Good luck.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Vforce are a waste of $$$$ on 600

Should have went Boyeseen or Carbon Tech

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I've got v-force on my '03 600 Freezie ... they are jst fine, and when the stock reeds delaminate, the price of the v-force become very attractive ....

As far as the original question goes, I didn't have to do any re-jetting because of of the switch to v-force, but, do a few plug checks to be sure ...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would normally go with the Boyesen Rad Valves, but I put the V-Force 3's on my 800 HO lat winter only because the stock boots cracked and I got a great deal on Ebay.[/b]

I would love to get a set of Rad valves but they dont make them for the 600 non HO :cussing:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I've got v-force on my '03 600 Freezie ... they are jst fine, and when the stock reeds delaminate, the price of the v-force become very attractive ....

As far as the original question goes, I didn't have to do any re-jetting because of of the switch to v-force, but, do a few plug checks to be sure ...[/b]

$$$ Vforce vs Boyeseen/Carbon Tech

The bang for the buck on a stock 600 is just not there

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would normally go with the Boyesen Rad Valves, but I put the V-Force 3's on my 800 HO lat winter only because the stock boots cracked and I got a great deal on Ebay.[/b]
Do they normaly come with boots? mine didnt, I bought them from a guy for 150.00
but they just had the cages and petals.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
On the old style 600 (500SS or non-HO) neither VForce or Rad Valves come with boots.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts