Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Crossfire 7. I just got back from a trip to the UP. After day 3 I noticed a vibration around 60mph and it gets worse the faster you go. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Everything is fine below 60!!

Shane

·
Registered
177 Posts
You burnt your belt, or you bent your drive shaft... check for missing studs or section of track inside and out to see if your track is off weight, but i doubt it.

It will be something in the drive line obviously, check obvious spots... take your belt, put it on an extremely flat surface and put a flashlight on the other side of where your eye is and look for light shining underneath it. if there are wear spots you will know. the other (major) problem it would be is that pricey little drive shaft you have under the tunnel. of course there are other little things it could be like a broken drive sprocket, or a wheel missing some rubber... check your belt first and go from there...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could be your track. I have the same issue and have read that it is something with the tracks. It has not been bad enough for me to worry too much yet. I have a 1000 miles on my six. Look around hardcoresledder or arcticcatchat for more info. This and the tunnel issue have been discussed extensively.

·
10,054 Posts
I cant see it as your belt,,, you should catch some sort of vibration at low end also with a bad belt,,,

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If your speedometer is also intermittently erratic, check the LH drive axle bearing. I have replaced more than my share of those.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hear that simon. make sure you haven't lost a cog on your belt. if you have gotten stuck and slipped the belt the sides of the belt may have a narrow spot. it should vibrate from engagement on up though. the bearing is a good suspect. most of the time the drive clutch will get hot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your posts. It has been a little crazy around here with the holidays. I hope to get it tore down this weekend to find the culprit!

Happy Holidays,

Shane

·
Registered
21 Posts
check your hyfix. as they wear down they develope a wave type pattern depending were the wheels are placed. clips ride smooth till you get some good track speed, then start to vibrate as they pass the high and low spots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts