Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 1999 zl and i have huge vibrations at 70 mph and up. i heard from a lot of people that this vibration can be caused by the jack shaft being bent i brought it to a machine shop and it was off by 1 thow but my disk brake was off by 20 thow, so i changed it and i still have vibrations. all so there is a brand new drive shaft and bearings. all though i did not change the bearings in the jack shaft i am not sure if it is that.

if u have any ideas please tell me thanks

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
did you by chance get it stuck sometime right before this started ? if you did i bet you have a bad spot on your belt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you by chance get it stuck sometime right before this started ? if you did i bet you have a bad spot on your belt.[/b]

when u say belt u are talking about my drive belt and not my track rite. if u think it is my drive belt i just changed that to.and no i have not got it stuck

·
10,054 Posts
any chance your clutches are out of alignment,,, if you took them apart and didnt get them back together right, that could cause your problems also,,,

·
Registered
593 Posts
Why did you replace the drive shaft? I would be looking a little closer at that especially at higher speeds it will give you a noticeable vibration if bent slightly.[/b]
Hey I am a friend of Polaris man 4, and his driveshaft snapped in half.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts