Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Have any of you mounted a video camera behind the windscreen on your sled.

I want to try it this winter and I was hoping for some suggestions.

I have an old camera that has been through just about everything so I want to see how things turn out after a weekend in the cold. I am planning to wrap it to keep it warm but I just want to know if there is a good way to mount it.

Thanks

DP

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Have thought about this too.  The best way would probably to use the top portion of a tripod and securing it to the hood w/bolts or c-clamps.  Have you seen the device that can be secured to the side of a helmet and holds normal camcorders?  It's usually advertised in the back of the sled magazines.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Get one of those helmet cams.
  I'm sure that is allot more spendy though, but would be allot easier and you wouldn't have to worry about putting holes in your sled.
Just another option....

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
All you need to do is get an old steel tri pod top and fabricate a bracket to bolt to your handle bar steering stem. It works like a charm.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I mounted a video camara to my helmet and drove around fast on my DS650.  I got 15min of footage.

I dont know how to put it in a downloadable forum like mpeg.

If anyone knows how to convert from a camcorder to computer let me know and ill post it up here.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey Machzzzz, if you already got the DS650, you need to update your signature on the ATV forum.  And how do you like it?

FishHog

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I checked into the helmet cam thing about three years ago and found one co. at the time and they wanted almost $1000.00 for it! They gave me this big Q&A test over the phone to determine if I was a P.I. or a peeping tom. LOL
Needless to say, they thought I was nuts for wanting it for a snowmobile and hung up on me.

I did'nt have a computer then, there must be more than one co. out there to sell them  GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Come on, tell the truth.

They wouldn't sell it to you, since you admited your a peeping tom, right?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know how to put it in a downloadable forum like mpeg.
If anyone knows how to convert from a camcorder to computer let me know and ill post it up here.[/b][/quote]
You gotta get an a/v card for your computer.  Then you just plug in your camcorder and download some video software and go nuts.  Or get an iMac, I believe they come standard with this capability.  Someone smack me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ok cool Ill check into that.  Thanks.

As for the DS.  I wont say much other then its MEAN!!.  I tried my buddies Raptor with a white bros pipe on it.  Thats also mean but the DS is faster.  

I clocked it on GPS doing 78.9mph.  And it loves high revs.  

Its a very good all around bike.  It doesnt feel as big and heavy as people say, it feels like a superbike.  

If i ever get the video thing going you will see what i mean.  My friend has a few macs maybe ill just ask him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts