Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as to my knowledge no games for any game system such as ps2, or xbox, are made as a snowcross game riiiiight? or am i jsut very stupid.....are any in the works? wh ycant someone jsut make a snowcorss game with sled mods and drag races wouldnt that be great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
About a year ago Gamespot did a preview of a game called
ESPN snocross. It featured licensed real riders like Blair, Tuck,
etc. After that 1 story (and some screenshots), I haven't seen
anything since.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I hate when they make a game about sleds, cars, or bikes. and there unrealistic. Theres millions of sled riders out there in the world that are in the sport becasue its so great. They dont need to make you do 420foot jumps. Just give us some good tracks and some good realism and ill buy the game.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I agree, give me the real thing. I have Snowmobile Racing, it's pretty realistic, but old and limited. Somebody should have one out there by now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There is one called Polaris racing with snowcross racing. It was for the regular play station, much better game then sledstorm. I think Yamaha made one also. My son tells me there is a game out for ps2 that is called Artic. Haven't tried it yet. ;) SWRules

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well the best sled game out there right now is X-team Racing for the computer. It's actually fairly realistic too....Some of the jumps are a little big, but I'd take that over sleds with rocket launchers any day. I know you guys are talking about console games, but I had to mention X-team incase anybody hadn't played it.

98xc700, your son could be referring to a game that has been out for a long time now. It's called Arctic Thunder. It's a sled game, but almost the same thing as sled storm with really unrealistic action and crap like that. If I remember right I read a review on it and they gave it like a 3 out of 10.

Oh well....they'll be one some time.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Heres the scoop.

For Playstation they have Sled Storm which is pretty good in my opinion and fairly realistic and they have Polaris Snowcross and a Yamaha Snowcross both of which are fairly realistic. I like all the Playstation 1 snowmobile games quite a bit but, for the Playstation 2 they have sucky Arctic Thunder which is totally unreal with missles and smartbombs and junk and they have Sled Storm also but it blows with only 1 snowmobile to play with at first until you unlock a couple more but they are totally unreal the most real is the Redline you can have at first but the speeds and jumps and turbos are out of line. I do have one coming in the mail called Evolution Snowcross which hopefully will be better.

That awesome ESPN X games Snowcross that someone mentioned got pulled before release so the makers could make it better they tell me. No word yet on a rerelease date but thats the one I want the most.

I do have the X team racing for PC but unless you have one awesome computer game play is screwy and a good computer joystick as well. I have a couple other for the PC but they arent very good either. I do like how they are more real than the PS2 games though.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
OK,

Update: I got that game I have had on order for a couple of months today in the mail and now I see why it was late getting to me. It was suppose to be called Evolution Snowcross and thats been changed to Whiteout. There are 4 actual pro riders in it that you can unlock in career mode. They are Tate, Eckstrom, Titus, and Trevor John.

The sleds you can select appear once again to be Redline-like and one sled with twin tracks so no big four manafacturers sleds. I also can see by looking at the box that there will be some very far fetched tracks. There is also 2 book pages worth of tricks and 2 pages worth of stunts so that will be unreal as usual.

I guess we all can still wait for a actual realistic snowcross racing game for PS2. Hopefully soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts