Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am assisting a friend get a '73 338 Yammy twin going to bomb around his property on, and after firing the thing up by pouring gas down the plug holes, I've determined that it's in need of a carb kit.  The unit in question is a Keihin; the diameter of the throat where it meets the intake is 42 mm, the pump is integral, and on the intake flange, I find "810E1  IF", "440 A", and a small symbol resembling an old fishing spear or trident.  42 mm sounds a bit big for a 340, providing the motor is what should be there, but I am in need of a shop that could find and sell me a kit to get this thing up again.  I know vintage sleds aren't all that popular, but if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.  I'm gone for the next week, so if you reply, please don't think I'm ignoring you....

Electric Head

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well I got a kit a couple years ago ..... Coffey Distributing 18004618008  for Keihin HD carbs ... # 07-21802 ...  #670-1007   and they are $21.95 Canadian .. Good luck ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
any dealer should be able to hook you up with an after market carb kit, maybe you can still get an original one too, check with yoy local Yamaha dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts