Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone can help me or not.  I stumbled upon an old Sachs 440 twin fan motor that needs some attention.  I can't find much info on these motors.  The model of this motor is SA2-440.  I've found parts but they are off of a Sachs 440 twin fan with a model of SA2-440C.  What is the difference between these two motors?  Can anyone help me or direct me to someone or place that can help me?

·
Registered
685 Posts
mopar4u: The SA2-440C was a high performance engine with chrome cylinder bores made about 40hp. They were used in some of the older sleds (Skiroule) Dino

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dino,
Wow you were the first in about 25 people that new anything on this motor.  So are cylinders pistons and cranks interchangeable between the SA2-440 and the SA2-440C?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SA2-440 runs a belt from the fan (which sits above the flywheel housing) down to the flywheel.  From pictures it appears that the SA2-440C does the same.  The motor looks like todays fan motors, except with no plastic, all cast parts.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a friend that has one of these motors in a 1974 TNT, it runs good but the diaphram carb really BLOWS!!!!! so we put a 34mm mikuni on it from a blizzard 5500, the main jet is a 290, anyone know what the jetting for this carb should be to perform right on this sachs sa2-440?????

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So cranks and pistons should be interchangeable between the SA2-440 and SA2-440C?

SRV, your buddy doesn't happen to have extra parts would he?

·
Registered
349 Posts
the only thing he has for that engine is the carb we took off, I tell ya that thing is bullet proof, he can start it up in a couple of pulls after sitting all summer and my srv is more difficult after sitting all summer for the first time!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts