Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some vintage pics together so that phazerhater can make a new picture page. Please post all of your vintage pics here so that he can put them on the site. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Do you REALLY want a picture of what I pass off as a snowmobile? :0:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got one! Mint 1962 Polaris. 10HP Kohler mounted in the back. Awesome! But need to e-mail it to someone as I'm not set up to post them myself yet.

I tried e-mailing them to DanR, but my JPG files won't paste to the e-mail on this forum.

So, if anyone can give me a real e-mail address, I'll forward them on and then they can post them for me.

A couple of bouus pics also.

Thanks,

Kirk

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
another shot courtesy of the Captain

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I saved the best for last. :D :inlove:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,
Well for my first post heres a '81 SRX 440. Does this qualify as vintage? I picked this up a few months ago. It's been repainted, I like it better than the original black. It's a little rocket in the grass, hope we get to find out what it will do in the snow this year. If I get a chance, I get a pick of the '80 blizzard 550 as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics for me permafrost.

One of these days I'll figure out how to do it myself. Any help from anyone
would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Permafrost, how come you never see girls like that up at Lake St. Peter? :(

I'll post some pics from when we were kids.

At Flame Lake Lodge south of Chapleau, they have a Polaris similiar to that red one, but it is a light silverish blue colour. I'll try to find it & send it in too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just set up my new computer at my house and haven't gotten that far. What a change from my old 1996 puter!

They pics are all on floppy disks. (Older camera, but top of the line back then, a sony 1.3 mega pixels mpegmovie/16X zoom, got it from my dad a couple months ago.

I normally post from work. I'm at home now. And I don't have the disks right now.

I'm pretty computer literate, so.....? Just haven't gotten that far, as far as pics go. From what I understand, you have to send the pics to a site, and then post them from there?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I think,or at least it works for me that you can upload right from you're Documents.
I go to file attachments at the bottom of the post page,click browse,click my doc's,click open,find the photo and click open.
Seems to work for me,other sites I have to upload to a msn site first.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks NHS, I'll try that!

And Arcticzrt600, what's up with the arm?

Hope it's not the throttle arm!

Kirk

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
On a ride south of Apsley to Jack's Lake in the early 80s. I'm the tall one behind the AC hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
A picture of our fleet around 1984 in Apsley.

Left to right:

1971 Olympic 300
1973 Elan 250 T
1979 Citation 300
1981 Citation 4500
1981 Elan 250
1983 Citation 3500

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Great pics guys!
I have one of my 1980 Scorpion Whip, but no color scanner. I'll have to scan it at my in-laws next time we're there, but not sure when that will be.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts