Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna put my skidplate on this week and I think I have a general idea on how to do this, just looking for a little info that could help. The only concern is drilling the rivet holes in the bottom aluminum part of the factory belly pan. Any and all tips will be considered.

·
Registered
387 Posts
its an simple task.

most have pre drilled holes. its real easy to see where it is going to puncture the belly pan up front, in the aluminum its a bit harder to see so go slow.

the only thing you have to worry about in either place is hitting a wire loom otherwise all is clear.

I am assuming you are using a holeshot or similar...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes a Holeshot is the one. I will mark my drill bit 1/8 with tape as to insure I do not go to far. I will have a friend lean it on it's side so I can mark it and then I will drill and rivet it in. Probably take the pipe out so I will have come room to work in the front. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The skid plate has to be put on tight to the bottom pan and not to pass the front heat exchanger.If you dont you might overheat.My friend installed one and didnt get it tight up to the botttom and kept overheating and it was 9degrees and plenty off fresh snow.The front heat exchanger ices up and gets insulated and since yamaha took out the rear heat exchanger the front does all the work. Also check out this months Snow Tech they have a good article about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will give it my best, but that would make sense and i have seen aftermarket heat exchangers in the rear. I think I will do it and go from there. Many people have them on and I will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts