Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking this question for a friend.... what has everyone seeing for top speed ? My friend seems disappointed he has 120 studs  other than that stock. The best he's seen on the speedo  is 185 km/h has anyone seen more/less? Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Being your neighbor from the south put that in to mph please.

·
Registered
530 Posts
LOL...Seen 104 and 107MPH on glare ice 3500ft. run. Stalker radar gun

·
Registered
287 Posts
Man it blows me away that people are disappointed with a sled that barly does a 105 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must be getting old, it scares the crap out of me doing 70 on my mountain sled!

·
Registered
4 Posts
A buddy of mine got one. With me on it (195lbs) I had it 117 on the speedo. We had a speed checker on the lake that day and that 117 on the speedo really was closer to 104. This machine also has about 120 studs and 200 miles at that time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i finallly got to race my buddys stock 98 mach 1 today and yes i lost but he was impressed! we switched sleds and he said he got 121 on the speedo??? works for me:))))))

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
paul.  It would scare the crap out of me going mountain riding.  But 130+ no problem.  I guess its all about how you were brought up into the sport.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i saw 2 vipers run on radar in about 2000' both ran a consistant 106mph on a stalker gun no matter how many times they ran

·
Registered
59 Posts
which lake were you guys running this weekend?? me and my buds went out and plowed sibley in canaan this weekend for the radar run coming up in two weeks on sunday so tell everybody ya know please! we had the gun out for a while and the I got 106 the first run they my buddy got on it and pulled 108 once she was warmed up on a stalker gun. no studs though so it took a while to get up there. by the way the speedo was saying 128?? slipping just a little i guess heheheh

·
Registered
496 Posts
how fast is fast enough????
like the sticker says

" FULL THROTTLE TILL YOU SEE GOD THEN BRAKE" :hallo1:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been on this lake that you guys are talking about in milford,as i live in maine,to.
Woow all i can say 128 on speedo and 108 radar!
108 radar very good for a sled w/120hp. stock,now if sled was studded speedo would have been closer to 118 speedo,they seem to be off about 10mph right across the board,except now ski doo seems to have the best speedo,or closer to actual speed.
I ran 3 stock vipers last year,now all of them were unstudded,so the top speed was higher,but still impressive compared to my xc800 with pipes and mild mods, the viper w/my weight 250lbs.in 2,000 ft.run on hard pack snow would spin speedo to 115 good i thought,than a mod mxz700 piped and moded some ran about same speed,now his speedo was reading 105, and i think that was close to what we were really running.
All 5 of us would run down through and 4 of us would be all togeather w/ my piped xc last every time the rpms were low,but even when it was great on good ice speedo only show 116 not what i was hopeing for,my xcr800 piped up would really rip it up way past 120 on speedo,the twin not even close,dissapointed to say the least,solution rx1! So i sure hope this thing rocks on top,like my triple did. :hallo5:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Last year while in Colorado on a small lake at 10,000 ft elevation, I had 114 on my viper er and so did my cousins wife on hers. This was after rejetting and reclutching for elevation, and I haven't gotten to ride at sea level or a big lake yet, so I'm lookin forward to this year to let her eat!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts